First, if you are not yet a CSI student, you must apply to the College of Staten Island. You will receive an email inviting you to claim your CUNYfirst account. When you log-in to the CUNYfirst Student Center, you will see the CUNYfirst ID number, an 8-digit number, at the top of your self service screen. You will need this number to proceed with the Verrazano application.
Second, complete this application form.
Third, you need to
- submit two confidential, typed letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member at your current or previous college or university (letters can be sent separately to our office via email or hard copy)
- submit a detailed resume listing significant work, extracurricular, community, and service activities (including dates of participation), honors and awards received
- submit official transcripts from prior universities or colleges attended (only if you are transferring from outside of CSI or CUNY)
- if you completed fewer than 12 equated credits in either of the previous two semesters, submit an additional statement explaining what led to the part-time status and how you plan to make up the credits in the future.
- submit one essay, no longer than 700 words, on a topic of your choice (you may use an essay submitted for another application)
When you complete the on-line application, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to submit these materials.